Purging the shelves of my former home office, I found this snippet dating back to 2003. Adapted from a leaflet written by Sam H. Coker for Discipleship Resources, it may helpful to you, as it was me.
How to Live at Your Best: 10 Steps Part 2 – Steps 6-10
6. Keep a prayer list. Develop a prayer list and keep it up to date. Across the top write Personal Checklist. Confess sins, get rid of grudges, surrender jealousy, as God to help you in every possible way. Thank God for the forgiveness you have received and the power that is yours. Then, pray for those you love, those with whom you work, those you don’t like, and those who have asked to be remembered.
7. Be a true friend. Speak to you co-workers, expressing love, concern, and appreciation. Avoid gossip about others. This drains your energies. Use your energy to do the very best you can on your job. (Prov. 21:23)
8. Surprise someone with friendliness. Contact someone within your family circle or perhaps a friend … by letter, phone, email, or visit. Speak to someone you may not know. Express genuine care. (Matt. 5:16)
9. Study your areas of weakness. Don’t focus on your weaknesses all the time. Be aware of them, work on strengthening them, but do not let them become an obsession in your thinking. (2 Cor. 12:9)
10. You can do it with God’s help. Begin now to beliee that you can live a t your best – the kind of life God wills for you. Pray, act, talk, work, and know that God cares about you and what you do with your life. God has given the power to overcome, to live the abundant life that Christ reveals. (Eph. 6:10)
Holy One, may we seek to live at our best to glorify you. Amen. Grace and peace … --Pastor Pat